1. The officers of this corporation shall consist of the Headlite / President, Sidelite / Vice-President, Spotlite / 2nd Vice- President, Tailite / Secretary, Historian, Legalite / Counsel, and Advisory Officers. The Headlite, Sidelite, Spotlite, and Tailite shall be nominated and elected at regular annual meetings hereafter and shall hold office for one year after installation and until their successors have been elected and qualified. The Legalite shall provide counsel to The Constellation of Hilites but is not a voting member of the same. The Historian Dimmed Headlite shall be appointed by the current Headlite and shall hold office for term of three (3) years without regard for when the 3 year period begins. Historian candidate succession eligibility is established by the order in which Headlites are dimmed. If the next inline eligible Dimmed Headlite decides not to serve, the Dimmed Headlite following him/her will become eligible. The Legalite shall be appointed by the current Headlite and shall hold office for a term of three years. The Directors of this corporation shall be known as the Hilites / Directors. At an annual meeting, five (5) Hilites shall be elected to succeed those five whose term of office shall terminate, and such five (5) Hilites shall hold office for three (3) years thereafter, and until the successors have been elected and qualified. Nominating Committee should consider Dimmed Hilites for a second board term three (3) years after having reviewed and recruited the current top chairpersons who have not served on the board. (Current chairpersons list would normally represent six to ten candidates.) Dimmed Hilites should be limited to serving a total of two terms, six (6) years as Hilites. The nominating Committee should be guided by diversity (gender, race, geographic location and company) in selecting Dimmed Hilites to serve a second full board term of three (3) years. Dimmed Hilites serving a second term should represent companies not currently represented by the Officers or current Hilites.
2. The Headlite, Sidelite, Spotlite, and Tailite shall be elected by a majority of the qualified votes at the annual meeting of members. Voting shall not be permitted by proxy.
3. No person shall be eligible for election as an officer of this corporation unless they shall be a member thereof for at least five years (other than an honorary and active honorary life member) in good standing.
4. Should any office or Hilite position become vacant, the remaining officers, by majority vote, shall have the power to appoint the successor, to fill the unexpired term.
5. The Headlite shall shine like a president, and perform such duties as are usually performed by a president; the other Lites may burn with until eclipsed by brighter Lites. A past Headlite shall be known as a Dimmed Headlite / Past-President.
6. The Sidelite shall function as a Headlite when the latter is out of commission and as General Chairperson for all convention activities.
7. The Spotlite shall shine forth in the absence of the Headlite and Sidelite. The Spotlite shall preside over all membership, entertainment, and rally activities. Assistant to the Sidelite shall appoint all convention activities Chairperson, Vice Chairperson, Committee members and Hilite Committee Liaisons.
8. The Tailite acts in the capacity of Secretary keeping accurate records of all meetings, membership reports, officer’s manuals, activity schedules and handles all mailings. Revised June1, 2013
9. The Officer responsibilities for the Treasurer and Roster Publisher shall be for a 2 year term alternating with each years incoming Tailite. The Tailite in rotation to become the Treasurer shall manage all finances, collecting all money, paying all bills as he/she may receive, and shall give an accounting at the end of the calendar year in writing to all members of the Constellation of Hilites. The two year term as Treasurer may begin during the Tailite or Spotlite year. The Tailite in rotation to manage publication of the roster shall be responsible for said publication for 2 years.
10. The Historian shall be a permanent, non-voting member of the following committees: Nominating, Auditing, Budget, Ted Eggers, Honorlite Awards, and Bylaws.
11. All three immediate Dimmed Headlites shall be known as Advisory Officers and shall serve at the pleasure of the Headlite in addition to those functions as prescribed in Article 9.
12. All bills must have the approval of the Headlite and Sidelite before the same can be paid.
13. The compensation of all persons shall be determined by the Constellation of Hilites.
14. Officers will attend and fully participate in the CGA and WAFC Conventions. In addition, Officers will attend the
following six (6) Illuminators meetings: CGA and WAFC, Constellation of Hilites meetings, CGA and WAFC Membership meetings, Mid-year Board meeting, and WAFC pre-convention rally meetings (rotates between So. & No. California). Meeting attendance exceptions must be approved by the Headlite.